Alba aid for medical society library
Manama, July 8, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has donated BD13,300 ($35,278) towards the setting up of an electronic library at the Bahrain Medical Society.
The library, which will be under Alba’s name, will cover a large database of research papers, medical journals and other scientific publications, said a statement..
Chairman Mahmood Hashim Al Kooheji presented the cheque to the director of the Bahrain Medical Society, Dr Muha Al Mouqlla, it said.
Also present at the event was acting director administration Abdul Rahman Janahi, chief medical officer Dr Elham Al Eid and member of the Bahrain Medical Society board Dr Ghufran Jassim.
Al Kooheji said: “Alba is proud to extend its name to the electronic library that will be set up for members of the Bahrain Medical Society. We are confident that the library will play a key role in expanding knowledge and enable members to acquire greater awareness of some of the latest medical advances in the world.”
Bahrain Medical Society engages doctors in both academic and social activities. It was formed with the objective of organising and regulating the practice of medicine in Bahrain and support upgrading initiatives in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other competent authorities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain