Almarai Q2 profit rises 4.9pc
Riyadh, July 7, 2013
Saudi Arabian dairy company Almarai said on Sunday its second-quarter net profit rose 4.9 percent to 398.2 million riyals ($106.2 million), narrowly missing analyst forecasts.
The company, the largest dairy producer in the Gulf, attributed the rise in net income to continued growth in its core business, which also includes juice and bakery products.
Nine analysts polled by Reuters had forecast on average that Almarai would record net profit of 403 million riyals in the quarter. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success