Bahrain policeman killed in bomb blast
Manama, July 7, 2013
A policeman was killed last night (July 6) in Bahrain in a homemade bomb explosion that took place when security forces were dealing with a group of terrorists targeting a police station, a report said.
Yasser Dhaib was on duty when terrorists detonated the bomb at 10.16pm at the Sitra Police Station in Bahrain, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Police were trying to restore order and protect citizens and public and private property when the thugs blew up the homemade bomb.
Two policemen were rushed to hospital with multiple injuries, said Public Security chief Major General Tariq Al Hassan. An investigation is underway to track down the perpetrators. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon