UAE baristas prepare for coffee contest
Dubai, June 25, 2013
Baristas in the Emirates have already begun preparations for the UAE Barista and Latte Art Championships as part of a coffee and tea festival, to be held in October in Dubai.
The “International Coffee & Tea Festival 2013”, the only dedicated trade event for the specialty coffee and tea industry in the region will run from October 8 to 11, at the Meydan Grandstand and Convention Centre, said a statement from International Conferences and Exhibitions, the organisers of the event.
Recognised and advocated by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) and licensed by World Coffee Events (WCE), the championship calls attention to excellence in the preparation of coffee and pairing science with the art of serving great coffee, it said.
The championships will be judged by World Barista Championship (WBC) certified guest judges from around the world, who will look into aspects such as the taste, cleanliness, technical skill and overall presentation of the beverages prepared and served by contestants within their 15-minute performance time, it added.
Ryan Godinho, national coordinator for World Coffee Events, said: “The UAE Barista and Latte Art Championships are a key component of the International Coffee & Tea Festival which creates an ideal platform for the country’s top baristas to demonstrate their skills and showcase their creativity, knowledge, presentation, showmanship and dedication to their evolving specialist career, especially through their signature beverages.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity