Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
Manama, June 18, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said it has extended financial support towards Dar Al Manar Parents Care Center, an organisation that offers day care to senior citizens.
The centre offers service to more than 124 retired men and women who were past employees of some of Bahrain’s leading companies.
Alba chairman Mahmood Hashim Al Kooheji presented a cheque of BD5,000 ($13,260) to the chairman of Dar Al Manar’s board, Shaikh Daij bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
Also present at the meeting was Alba’s senior manager for human resources and public relations, Abdul Rahman Janahi and officials from Dar Al-Manar.
Al Kooheji said:“Alba values the tremendous legacy left behind by our elders and deeply value their contribution to life in Bahrain. Whatever we are today as people is because of what they have done for us in the past. All we can do is express our appreciation and honour them by giving them the best that we can."
"Dar Al Manar Centre is doing a wonderful work in caring for the elderly, enriching their quality of life, and enabling them to be productive by tapping their skills and talents. And we are proud of providing them our support," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm