Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
Dubai, June 18, 2013
Budding artists will showcase their vocal skills and rhyming abilities at a Hip Hop freestyle competition to be held in Dubai on June 20.
The Ultimate Freestyle Night, hosted by Playnation, a leisure concepts destination, at Mirdif City Centre is inspired by Arab Idol. Different techniques in instrumental beats will be brought out to win a full day of professional studio recording and guidance from experienced professionals.
The event aims to acknowledge the importance of self-expression and is part of Playnation’s 'Become a Legend' platform, seeking to promote healthy competition.
The Recipe, a rap group that has carved a niche within the Hip Hop music scene, will form the judging panel and also perform during the competition.
In the backdrop of the rapping competition, masters of the airwaves and aerial superstars (both professional and amateur) will demonstrate indoor skydiving feats at iFLY Dubai.
Guests are welcome to participate in both the rapping competition and iFLY Dubai, as part of the Ultimate Freestyle Night’s festivities.
“The Ultimate Freestyle Night is a platform that allows our guests to tap into their creative side and express themselves in a way that they may not have had the opportunity to. Every freestyle night we endeavor to highlight a new and exciting talent, while promoting healthy competition and this time we selected the art of rapping," said Omar El Banna, marketing and sales director for Majid Al Futtaim Leisure and Entertainment.
A digital graffiti wall will be put up for guests to write on and there will also be live performaces by Beat Boxers. Participants can register for the rapping competition on www.theplaymania.com/freestylenight. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack