GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’
Manama, June 16, 2013
Landmark improvements to military ties among GCC states are coming soon, said a senior official of the Bahrain Defence Force (BDF).
BDF Commander-in-Chief Marshal Shaikh Khalifa bin Ahmed Al Khalifa told Kuwaiti daily Al Rai that a study has been completed for a GCC military union, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A maritime co-ordination centre will also be approved, he said.
Shaikh Khalifa also affirmed the capabilities of Bahrain’s security agencies to deal with those attempting to destabilize its security, describing them as “weak and beaten”.
“We are stronger than ever before in terms of measures, readiness and security forces,” he said.
On Iran’s interference in Syria, he stressed the necessity to dispatch forces to halt massacres.
He warned against Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and the Badr Army extending their sphere of influence outside Syria and exporting sectarianism to other countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack