Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
Abu Dhabi, May 22, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has opened enrolment for this year’s edition of its annual Tourism Youth Summer Camp, which aims to introduce the emirate’s tourism destination product.
The camp, which will run from August 18 to September 5, is for 100 young Emiratis - a mix of boys and girls - aged between 15 and 17 years. It is to get a better understanding of the industry, its role and goals and its impact on the local society, a statement said.
The camp will be held at the Yas Rotana Hotel on Yas Island and is being organised by TCA Abu Dhabi in co-ordination with the European International College in the UAE capital.
“This year the programme takes in many new aspects of the destination reflecting the evolvement of Abu Dhabi’s tourism proposition,” explained Nasser Al Reyami, tourism standards director, TCA Abu Dhabi.
Camp modules this year will include the inclusive destination marketing campaign currently being run for Yas Island and the recently-launched Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau.
There will be field trips to facilities on Saadiyat Island including the St.Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Manarat Al Saadiyat exhibition centre, and Masdar City. The attendees will be introduced to sports tourism as well with visits to Yas Marina Circuit and Yas Links golf course, said Al Reyami. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm