Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
Manama, May 21, 2013
The Bahrain Livestock Company will import more than 40,000 sheep ahead of Ramadan, the firm said during a meeting attended by importers, food companies and hypermarkets' representatives.
Delmon Poultry Company general manager Abdulkareem Al Alawi said his company was ready to supply an extra 27,000 chickens a day to meet rising demand during Ramadan, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Steps to ensure that there will be enough stock of other items in high demand such as vegetables, fruits, rice, sugar and oil were also discussed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm