Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
Manama, May 21, 2013
Bahrain’s police recovered 800 Molotov cocktails from a pickup truck that was used in an attack on a police station.
Officers discovered the stash as 150 men launched a daylight assault on the building in the Sitra area of Bahrain with firebombs and metal rods on May 9 last year, reported the Gulf Daily news, our sister publication.
Eight men have gone on trial at the High Criminal Court accused of attempted murder, arson and possessing Molotov cocktails in connection with the attack that left a policeman injured.
It happened at around 9am.
Officers noticed rioters were going to the pickup after they hurled Molotov cocktails at the police station and would quickly return and attack them again, according court documents.
They managed to chase down the pickup driver, who parked near a school and fled on foot.
Police seized the 800 firebombs that were going to be used in the attack. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement