Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
Dubai, May 18, 2013
Dubai airline Emirates said it has extended its shirt sponsorship deal with French league champions Paris St Germain (PSG) for another five years.
Announcing this at a press conference in Paris, Thierry Antinori, Emirates executive VP Passenger Sales Worldwide and Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, the PSG president, said with this deal, Emirates will get a five-year extension on their club partnership until the end of the 2018/2019 season.
"The agreement strengthens the relationship between PSG and Emirates and gives to each partner the opportunity to achieve worldwide brand recognition, simultaneously enhancing the image of each partner through increased global awareness," said Al-Khelaïfi.
Commenting on the deal, Antinori said, "This is the perfect time for Emirates to re-sign with Paris Saint-Germain given the club’s new international players and on-going success in the French championship, as Ligue 1 Champions, as well as the European championship."
"Our sponsorship of PSG is a strong platform to further extend our brand presence in France, as well as the many other football focused nations that we fly to globally," he added.
As a result of the partnership, Emirates will continue to enjoy highly visible branding in Parc des Princes stadium, Paris Saint-Germain’s stadium, as well as the Fly Emirates logo on the team shirt and access to the stadium’s premier hospitality facilities, explained Antinori.
PSG is an integral part of Emirates sponsorship portfolio comprising top sporting teams and tournaments as well as high profile cultural events around the world, said the Emirates official.
“PSG's growing international presence fits perfectly with our own rapidly expanding worldwide network. This partnership represents a strong combination of two global brands that share the same passion for success and growth, offering an international reach well beyond football and aviation. In a short time Paris Saint Germain has positioned itself as the most popular French football club in the world and we are incredibly proud to be their partner,” he added.
Emirates had first signed its sponsorship agreement with PSG in 2005 followed by a shirt sponsorship commencing in the 2006/07 season.
PSG has been an integral part of French football’s long and illustrious history and the club enjoys a strong fan base, not just within France but also across the globe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain