KFC includes Zinger sandwich to value meal
Dubai, May 2, 2013
Kentucky Fried Chicken has announced the introduction of its new lunch treat meal, now including the Zinger sandwich, due to popular demand.
It comes following a movement supported by 9,818 fans on an independent Facebook page, a statement from KFC said.
The move started with a few posts on various websites where KFC fans expressed their love for its meals and asked for the new lunch offer. Few posts turned into 35, spawning a Facebook page created by the people who started inviting friends to like and post similar requests for KFC to include the Zinger Sandwich in their meal.
The management was overwhelmed by the requests and posts that it decided to offer the top-selling Zinger sandwich as part of the value lunch menu for two weeks, the statement said.
Fans expressed their love and respect for KFC for listening to them but most were disappointed that it was only available for two weeks, it said. That ignited a flurry of new posts by fans asking KFC to keep the offer for longer, with yet others asking for it to be made permanent.
KFC has been following up on the post and decided to act upon them. It then announced that the Zinger sandwich would become part of the value lunch menu permanently.
At the moment the new lunch treat meal which includes two pieces of chicken, a Zinger sandwich and fries is a permanent item on the menu, the statement said.
Following the success of that drive, KFC customers are now also calling for the return of the “All You Can Eat” meal. They have already launched a Facebook page, and are gathering likes and sharing posts, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion