Al Khaleej to participate in Gulfood
Dubai, February 23, 2013
Dubai-based Al Khaleej Sugar Refinery, one of the largest stand-alone refineries in the world, has announced its participation at the upcoming Gulfood exhibition.
Gulfood, the Middle East's biggest annual trade exhibition for the food and beverage industry, will kick off on February 25 and is expected to welcome a record number of F&B buyers and trade professionals from all over the world.
The refinery has also announced its plans to process 1.5 million tons of sugar this year, an increase of 13 per cent compared to the 1.3 million tons processed in 2012, a statement from the company said.
Jamal Al Ghurair, managing director, Al Khaleej Sugar Company, said: “Gulfood is the perfect platform for us to interact with our customers, partners, new channels and leaders in the FMCG industry. We are always keen on participating in such leading exhibitions especially those that the UAE, our home, hosts.”
Based in Jebel Ali, near Dubai, Al Khaleej Sugar refinery has a current production capacity of around 7,000 tons of refined white sugar per day, employing about 800 personnel. Its products are regularly exported to over 40 countries, including the regional countries in the Arabian Gulf region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced