Ammroc starts inspections for UAE Navy
Abu Dhabi, February 21, 2013
Advanced Military Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul Center (Ammroc), a joint venture between Mubadala Aerospace, Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin, has begun performing major inspections of 13 AS565 MB Panther helicopters for the UAE Navy.
This project marks Ammroc’s first contract with the UAE Navy, valued at Dh143 million ($38.9 million).
The AS565 MB is the naval version of the Panther helicopter. This all-weather, multi-role light helicopter can be operated from ship decks or offshore to cover a vast array of naval missions.
Four of the 13 helicopters that are covered by the partnership are almost complete and will soon be delivered to the UAE Navy, a statement from Ammroc said.
Fahad Al Shamesi, CEO of Ammroc, said: “We are incredibly proud of this opportunity to support the UAE Navy. Ammroc currently provides dedicated MRO services to the UAE Air Force, including maintenance for attack and transport helicopters, trainer and fighter jets and transport planes.”
The contract to inspect AS565 MB Panther helicopters for the UAE Navy builds on Ammroc’s existing relationship with the UAE Military, the statement said. Ammroc currently provides dedicated MRO services to the UAE Air Force, including maintenance for attack and transport helicopters, trainer and fighter jets and transport planes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan