Ammroc starts inspections for UAE Navy
Abu Dhabi, February 21, 2013
Advanced Military Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul Center (Ammroc), a joint venture between Mubadala Aerospace, Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin, has begun performing major inspections of 13 AS565 MB Panther helicopters for the UAE Navy.
This project marks Ammroc’s first contract with the UAE Navy, valued at Dh143 million ($38.9 million).
The AS565 MB is the naval version of the Panther helicopter. This all-weather, multi-role light helicopter can be operated from ship decks or offshore to cover a vast array of naval missions.
Four of the 13 helicopters that are covered by the partnership are almost complete and will soon be delivered to the UAE Navy, a statement from Ammroc said.
Fahad Al Shamesi, CEO of Ammroc, said: “We are incredibly proud of this opportunity to support the UAE Navy. Ammroc currently provides dedicated MRO services to the UAE Air Force, including maintenance for attack and transport helicopters, trainer and fighter jets and transport planes.”
The contract to inspect AS565 MB Panther helicopters for the UAE Navy builds on Ammroc’s existing relationship with the UAE Military, the statement said. Ammroc currently provides dedicated MRO services to the UAE Air Force, including maintenance for attack and transport helicopters, trainer and fighter jets and transport planes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon