Raytheon unveils testing solutions at Idex
Abu Dhabi, February 19, 2013
American defence contractor Raytheon Company has unveiled Mobile Range, a comprehensive solution for complex testing missions, at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex) in Abu Dhabi.
Mobile Range is an integrated suite of communications, optics and telemetry capabilities that can be deployed anywhere in the world on land, at sea or in the air with minimal support staff or infrastructure, a statement from the company said. It enables in-country flight testing, demonstrations and data collection in a variety of environments and conditions.
"The Idex international stage is the ideal place to introduce our Mobile Range system that combines the best in communications and telemetry with mobility and affordability," said Tom Bussing, vice president of advanced missile systems for Raytheon Missile Systems. "Mobile Range can transform test facilities in the Middle East with its quick reaction capability and superior technology."
The system combines parabolic or flat-panel antenna systems with remote optics for target and range monitoring and communications - all controlled from an integrated mobile command center. Mobile Range includes single, dual, or tri-band antenna feeds, and a universal software control interface, the statement said.
It can be set up in four hours, and can be operated or supported remotely via a network connection. The system was developed by leading experts in telemetry and range systems at Raytheon's facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm