Raytheon unveils testing solutions at Idex
Abu Dhabi, February 19, 2013
American defence contractor Raytheon Company has unveiled Mobile Range, a comprehensive solution for complex testing missions, at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex) in Abu Dhabi.
Mobile Range is an integrated suite of communications, optics and telemetry capabilities that can be deployed anywhere in the world on land, at sea or in the air with minimal support staff or infrastructure, a statement from the company said. It enables in-country flight testing, demonstrations and data collection in a variety of environments and conditions.
"The Idex international stage is the ideal place to introduce our Mobile Range system that combines the best in communications and telemetry with mobility and affordability," said Tom Bussing, vice president of advanced missile systems for Raytheon Missile Systems. "Mobile Range can transform test facilities in the Middle East with its quick reaction capability and superior technology."
The system combines parabolic or flat-panel antenna systems with remote optics for target and range monitoring and communications - all controlled from an integrated mobile command center. Mobile Range includes single, dual, or tri-band antenna feeds, and a universal software control interface, the statement said.
It can be set up in four hours, and can be operated or supported remotely via a network connection. The system was developed by leading experts in telemetry and range systems at Raytheon's facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course
- Saudi arrested in US after 'false' statement
- Hansgrohe revenue rises 5.4pc to $1bn in 2012
- Carlyle Group buys stake in Jordan’s Al Nabil
- RATP launches new tramway in Algeria