Cassidian to showcase top products at IDEX
Dubai, February 11, 2013
Cassidian, an EADS company, will be showcasing its innovative and quality products and solutions at the IDEX 2013 expo to be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre from February 17 to 21.
A leading global provider of cutting edge technology in defence and security, Cassidian said for the first time, it will be showcasing the Virtual Rock Drill (VRD) to the public in the Middle East.
The VRD, an interactive terrain sand table that can be used for training purposes and mission planning, is an absolute innovation in this area, said a statement from the EADS company.
For the first time, a product has been developed that combines the military training tried and tested over decades using a sand table with the technical possibilities of computer-supported training forms, it stated.
Cassidian will unveil its new version of Integrated Battle Management Software (IBMS) at the Abu Dhabi defence expo.
It is a consequent evolution of Cassidian Air Defence capabilities, which allows the commander to seamlessly integrate existing Air & Missile Defence assets, manage battle operations and tailor the force package to mission-specific needs, said the EADS company in its statement.
IBMS is designed for multiple operation concepts from small point defence operations up to large scale joint and combined missions.
Cassidian provides a complete and complementary range of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), from tactical to strategic products, developed in partnership with its customers.
This guarantees the success of all types of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions on the battlefield or in civil operations. As a system integrator for 30 years, Cassidian has experience in all aspects of UAS from development up to in-service support, the statement added.
Furthermore, Cassidian will showcase the Spexer security radar family, a series of high-performance surveillance radar providing automatic detection, classification and tracking of numerous objects on the ground, in the air or at sea at the same time.
In the field of Cyber Security, Cassidian will present Cymerius, the solution for Security Operation Centres, that ensures business continuity in all situations by monitoring both ICS and business IT.
Beside this Cassidian offers a broad range of services and associated solutions to audit IT systems, build appropriate architecture, define security procedures, perform penetration tests and advanced persistent threats (APT) checks. Cassidian is introducing as well an advanced range of multifunctional firewalls for IP network protection, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’