January was 5th hottest on record
Manama, February 11, 2013
Last month was the fifth hottest January on record in Bahrain, a statement from the Civil Aviation Affairs meteorology directorate said.
The mean temperature for the month was 18.8C, 1.8C above usual, the statement said.
“This goes on record as the fifth highest mean monthly temperature for January and is the same as in January 1981,” a statement said.
The hottest January was in 2004, when the mean temperature was 19.6C.
Temperatures peaked last month at 27.4C on January 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm