56 gourmet chefs to feature in Abu Dhabi event
Abu Dhabi, February 4, 2013
Fifty-six international gourmet artisans from 14 nations will feature at Gourmet Abu Dhabi, the emirate’s fortnight-long fine culinary festival, which opens today at the brand-new Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal.
Food and beverage (F&B) revenue across Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments has risen for a fourth consecutive year, providing a timely fillip to the emirate’s fine dining credentials ahead of tonight’s festival, a statement from the organisers said.
The emirate’s stock of 137 accommodation providers generated collective F&B revenue of Dh1.8 billion ($491 million) last year, an 11 per cent increase on 2011 and a 38 per cent rise on the recorded gross in 2009 - the first year Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which organises Gourmet Abu Dhabi, began recording F&B figures.
“Gourmet Abu Dhabi’s four outings to date have featured 119 master chefs and guest chefs who between them represented 108 Michelin stars. The festival’s diverse events programmes have been attended by 32,000 guests and, as shown by these latest F&B figures, have helped galvanise the emirate’s fine dining audience of residents and international visitors,” said Noura Al Dhaheri, leisure products development manager, TCA Abu Dhabi.
The event will send the chefs on a 16-day culinary journey across 20 of Abu Dhabi's fine dining restaurants. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village