56 gourmet chefs to feature in Abu Dhabi event
Abu Dhabi, February 4, 2013
Fifty-six international gourmet artisans from 14 nations will feature at Gourmet Abu Dhabi, the emirate’s fortnight-long fine culinary festival, which opens today at the brand-new Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal.
Food and beverage (F&B) revenue across Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments has risen for a fourth consecutive year, providing a timely fillip to the emirate’s fine dining credentials ahead of tonight’s festival, a statement from the organisers said.
The emirate’s stock of 137 accommodation providers generated collective F&B revenue of Dh1.8 billion ($491 million) last year, an 11 per cent increase on 2011 and a 38 per cent rise on the recorded gross in 2009 - the first year Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which organises Gourmet Abu Dhabi, began recording F&B figures.
“Gourmet Abu Dhabi’s four outings to date have featured 119 master chefs and guest chefs who between them represented 108 Michelin stars. The festival’s diverse events programmes have been attended by 32,000 guests and, as shown by these latest F&B figures, have helped galvanise the emirate’s fine dining audience of residents and international visitors,” said Noura Al Dhaheri, leisure products development manager, TCA Abu Dhabi.
The event will send the chefs on a 16-day culinary journey across 20 of Abu Dhabi's fine dining restaurants. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software