Bahrain fresh produce prices jump 30pc
Manama, January 27, 2013
Fruit and vegetable prices at Bahrain’s Manama Central Market have surged by almost 25 to 30 per cent with nearly 50 trucks carrying fresh produce stuck at the King Fahad Causeway awaiting clearance, traders said yesterday.
They claimed that trading at the market was paralysed with no truck carrying fruit and vegetables entering the kingdom since Thursday, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
They pointed out that all fresh produce are imported through the causeway on a daily basis as their storage costs are very high. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers