Bahrain fresh produce prices jump 30pc
Manama, January 27, 2013
Fruit and vegetable prices at Bahrain’s Manama Central Market have surged by almost 25 to 30 per cent with nearly 50 trucks carrying fresh produce stuck at the King Fahad Causeway awaiting clearance, traders said yesterday.
They claimed that trading at the market was paralysed with no truck carrying fruit and vegetables entering the kingdom since Thursday, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
They pointed out that all fresh produce are imported through the causeway on a daily basis as their storage costs are very high. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award