Regional forum to highlight police role
, January 20, 2013
A major regional forum in Bahrain today will spotlight the role of police and judiciary in protecting human rights, a report said.
The second Arab Police Forum opens under the patronage of Interior Minister Lieutenant-General Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa at the Gulf Hotel, according to the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
The event is under the slogan "Human Rights Applications in Security Agencies".
Bahrain Royal Police Academy is organising it in co-ordination with Naif Arab University for Security Sciences.
Officials representing Arab ministries of interior, justice, information, and social affairs will attend the four-day event.
Arab human rights organisations and public prosecutions and other concerned parties will also be present.
International laws governing the relations between police and human rights will also be on the agenda. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase