Regional forum to highlight police role
, January 20, 2013
A major regional forum in Bahrain today will spotlight the role of police and judiciary in protecting human rights, a report said.
The second Arab Police Forum opens under the patronage of Interior Minister Lieutenant-General Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa at the Gulf Hotel, according to the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
The event is under the slogan "Human Rights Applications in Security Agencies".
Bahrain Royal Police Academy is organising it in co-ordination with Naif Arab University for Security Sciences.
Officials representing Arab ministries of interior, justice, information, and social affairs will attend the four-day event.
Arab human rights organisations and public prosecutions and other concerned parties will also be present.
International laws governing the relations between police and human rights will also be on the agenda. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Clerics demand death for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha