Fitness 360 to launch UAE drama challenge
Dubai, January 15, 2013
Fitness 360 along with 105.4 Radio Spice, Fulltoo Twisted has launched ‘The Swiss Arabian Spice Drama Challenge’ to provide a platform for UAE women to showcase their acting and dancing abilities as an ode to the queens of Bollywood.
Listeners are given an opportunity to get in touch with their glamorous side and unleash the inner drama queen within. The true diva style finalists would be given full makeovers and potentially win a slew of grand prizes, a statement from Fitness 360 said.
The competition begins with the jocks calling in for entries on air while the listeners are directed to apply on Facebook. The candidates submit photo measurements and a video showcasing their talent, acting and dancing.
Entries are shortlisted to 10 and a panel of judges assesses the girls on their ability to act, dance and walk on stage. A winner and two runner ups are declared.
Tanya J Ganwani, director, marketing, said: “Through this event, we aim to bring about awareness and educate young women on the importance of short term and long term health and fitness benefits.”
“To support this further, our fitness instructor and manager briefed the girls on how important diet, nutrition and life style is and offered them a one hour talk on general well-being, health and fitness.”
“We also offered expert advice on how to motivate oneself and how often to visit the gym and do the right exercises. Additionally we will be giving the 10 finalists one week passes to any of our Fitness 360 clubs with personal training sessions and access to the group exercise (gx) classes,” she said.
The final event takes place on January 19, at Crown Plaza, Zabeel Ballroom from 7pm onwards.
The top 10 finalists will dress to impress, catwalk and perform a short acting and dancing scene from an iconic Bollywood movie for a maximum of 90 seconds giving it their dramatic best, the statement said. The last five finalists will then be asked a series of surprise questions from the panel of judges.
The winner wins the very 1st Swiss Arabian Spice Drama Challenge Trophy, couple air tickets to the Far East Asia courtesy of Jet Airways, a tiara worth Dh10,000 ($2,722.94) from JYK Fashion House,
a jewelry set worth Dh10,000 from JYK Fashion House, one year gym membership from Fitness 360 worth Dh4,000, A Tarun Tahiliani designer wear from Sanskriti Boutique, designer wear from Aakarshan by Aanchal Jaggi, and a three-month dance course from Ocean Kids worth Dh5,000 . – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo