$14.6m deal: Nene to join Al-Gharafa
, January 13, 2013
Forward Nene is set to leave French club Paris St Germain for Qatari club Al-Gharafa, the Brazilian said on Sunday.
The 31-year-old, who was the league's joint top-scorer last season with 21 goals and helped PSG finish second, has been at odds with coach Carlo Ancelotti for weeks and has not played competitively for more than a month.
"I found an agreement with Al-Gharafa," Nene told French channel TF1.
"It has been difficult because I was still dreaming to play for Brazil and meet up with my family," added Nene, who was close to signing for Brazilian side Santos last week.
According to media reports Nene will sign an 11 million euro ($14.68 million) 18-month deal.
"Things like that only happen once in a lifetime. I don't know if people will understand ... I just thought about my future and secured it for my family," he said.
Nene has played 79 league games and scored 36 goals for PSG but only featured in nine league matches this season.
Ancelotti dropped him out of the squad after the player struck the roof of the dugout with his hand and argued with coaching staff during the Champions League home win against Porto last month.
Since then, the Brazilian has only taken part in a friendly against a local club during the winter training camp in Qatar. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo