Lockheed in $406m Qatar defence deal
Doha, December 25, 2012
The US has announced plans to sell rocket launchers and defence equipments worth $406 million to Qatar as part of a possible foreign military sale, said a report.
The US Defense Security Co-operation Agency said it has notified Congress of the possible sale.
If approved, prime contractor Lockheed Martin will co-ordinate the sale to Qatar of a series of rocket and missile systems from multiple manufacturers, along with "associated equipment, parts, training, and logistical support," said the agency.
The order comprises four Humvees manufactured by AM General, seven M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems manufactured by BAE Systems, and 600 rockets of various sorts and ranges, mostly manufactured by Lockheed itself.
The estimated cost of all this and related equipment, along with logistical, repair, and other services, is $406 million, said the report.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’