Nestlé water brands 'a big hit in the UAE'
Abu Dhabi, December 12, 2012
International food giant Nestlé said its leading Acqua Panna and S. Pellegrino mineral water brands are a big hit in the UAE, thanks to an expanding population and hospitality base combined with greater consumer quality consciousness, said a senior official.
Novena said the double-digit sales growth in UAE for the Acqua Panna and S. Pellegrino mineral water brands this year is coming both from the hospitality and retail segments, revealed Luciano Novena, the area manager Middle East & Africa for the brands.
She pointed out that further growth for brands is on the cards, particularly from Abu Dhabi.
Discovered in the 15th century, Acqua Panna natural still mineral water flows from the Apennine mountains inside a vast protected natural area from where it gets its velvety unique taste.
S. Pellegrino is a premium quality natural mineral water that was already well known in the 13th century. The water flows from a thermal spring in the foothills of the Italian Alps and is distinguished by its fine bubbles and subtle mineral aromas.
Acqua Panna and S. Pellegrino have signed up as the official stills and sparkling mineral waters primary partner for next February's Gourmet Abu Dhabi, the UAE capital's annual haute cuisine festival, remarked Novena.
"Abu Dhabi is growing as a tourism destination, there are more quality hotels and resorts opening, more people are arriving there, and more will come, and that means good potential growth for us all," she explained.
"Obviously from the retail equation there is still growth to be had from Abu Dhabi. More malls and outlets are planned and people are becoming more educated towards quality and are more health and taste conscious, so the opportunities are there - particularly for products such as ours which come from natural sources," added Novena.
Novena said initiatives such as the 'S.Pellegrino meets Italian Talents' - exclusive partnerships between iconic Italian fashion and lifestyle brands with the mineral water brand - have been very successful in recent years.
These brand associations have been formed through joint membership in the Altagamma Foundation, a gathering of leading Italian companies and brands formed to promote Italian product excellence.
"Last year our limited edition S.Pellegrino sparkles with Bulgari bottles graced the tables at the Gourmet Abu Dhabi Stars Award and it was a considerable success, with the previous year being a limited edition S.Pellegrino meets Missoni bottle. There's seems to be a regional appetite for design tie-ups such as this - our water, of course, never changes," noted Nouvena.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo