Bahrain airport readies for emergency drill
Manama, November 21, 2012
Bahrain Airport Company, in coordination with the Ministry of the Interior, hosted an organisational meeting in preparation for a full scale emergency exercise at Bahrain International Airport.
The exercise will be held on December 4 in order to test the efficiency of the emergency preparations in the airport.
The meeting was attended by a number of officials from the Ministry of Interior as well as the manager of Rescue & Fire Fighting Services at Bahrain Airport Company Tariq Ahmed Al Sheikh who explained the scenario of the exercise and how it will be carried out to the attendees.
The exercise will involve a dummy aircraft with actors who will play the role of the injured or deceased and the location of this drill will be on the Airport’s airside, South East of the runway.
While the exercise will take place around 9pm and will last for one to two hours, steps have been taken for it not to affect the normal operations, movement and functions at the Airport.
The public, passengers and onlookers within the vicinity of the airport (both inside and out) are urged not to be concerned and should not be alarmed by the movement of emergency and rescue services, even on roads leading up to the Airport.
In line with the requirements of Bahrain’s Civil Aviation Affairs and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), full scale emergency exercises involving aircrafts are held every two years at BIA and provide the ideal platform to test and practice the Airport Emergency Plan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract