Bahrain police smash terror cell
Manama, November 21, 2012
Bahrain police have smashed a terror cell involved in planting fake bombs in heavily-populated areas, highways and on main avenues, said a top official.
The accused have been referred to the Public Prosecution to face legal charges, according to a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Crime Detection and Forensic Science director-general yesterday said a fake bomb had been found while searching the home of one of the suspects.
The terror cell stands accused of creating panic, terrorising innocent people, disrupting traffic and subverting security and public order.
The Interior Ministry has vowed zero-tolerance when it comes to the protection of innocent people's lives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn