Bahrain police smash terror cell
Manama, November 21, 2012
Bahrain police have smashed a terror cell involved in planting fake bombs in heavily-populated areas, highways and on main avenues, said a top official.
The accused have been referred to the Public Prosecution to face legal charges, according to a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Crime Detection and Forensic Science director-general yesterday said a fake bomb had been found while searching the home of one of the suspects.
The terror cell stands accused of creating panic, terrorising innocent people, disrupting traffic and subverting security and public order.
The Interior Ministry has vowed zero-tolerance when it comes to the protection of innocent people's lives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7 mln tonnes wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan