Fire in Dubai tower; all residents safe
Dubai, November 18, 2012
Hundreds of residents were displaced when a massive fire broke out at the Tamweel Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) early this morning, a report said.
There were no casulaties in the fire, the Gulf News report said quoting the Civil Defence.
The fire started around 2 am and it was reportedly put out by around 7 am, said the report.
A JLT resident was quoted as saying: "Apparently the whole building caught fire and some cars in the area. Big blasts throughout the night. From what I heard, everyone evacuated safely."
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced