Fire in Dubai tower; all residents safe
Dubai, November 18, 2012
Hundreds of residents were displaced when a massive fire broke out at the Tamweel Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) early this morning, a report said.
There were no casulaties in the fire, the Gulf News report said quoting the Civil Defence.
The fire started around 2 am and it was reportedly put out by around 7 am, said the report.
A JLT resident was quoted as saying: "Apparently the whole building caught fire and some cars in the area. Big blasts throughout the night. From what I heard, everyone evacuated safely."
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal