Starbucks launches premium coffee in Kuwait
Kuwait, November 14, 2012
Starbucks has launched the Middle East’s first Starbucks Reserve, its ultra premium coffee line, in Kuwait.
The 5,000 sq ft outlet at the Grand Avenue – The Avenues is one of the largest ever Starbucks stores. The store offers connoisseurs an opportunity to enjoy the range of specially selected, rare and exquisite, single-origin coffees. It is also home to the unique Clover brewing system which is being used for the first time in the region.
Starbucks demonstrated the artistry of this luxurious approach to coffee with an organised event to launch the Grand Avenue store.
Using the finest quality Oahu and Jamaica Blue Mountain beans from around the world and the Clover brewing system, specially trained baristas served outstanding coffee to the invitees, customers, members of the media and Kuwaiti bloggers.
Rana Shaheen, regional communications and CSR manager at Starbucks Mena, said: “People who really love coffee are always searching for new sensory experiences from their favourite beverage.”
“With the opening of the region’s first Starbucks Reserve store here in Kuwait, we aim to give consumers everything their passion for coffee demands: exquisite rare beans from exotic locations selected by our master brewers for the ultimate coffee taste experience.
“This opening is a very proud moment for us, and we invite anyone who loves coffee to come and taste this wonderful range,” she added.
The Clover brewing system uses innovative vacuum-press technology to create every cup of coffee right in front of the customer. It controls brewing time and temperature digitally, as even small changes can dramatically affect the outcome of the coffee’s taste.
In addition to Starbucks Reserve coffee, the store features a sophisticated interior design inspired by Arab motifs and a range of delicious snack and dessert offerings which will be supplied freshly every day to accompany the amazing beverages on offer.
Inspired by Art Nouveau, the interior ambiance of the Starbucks Reserve is filled with lacquered woods, plush and textured fabrics, mosaic tiles, locally poured terrazzo, commissioned art showcasing the Starbucks Reserve and Arabic coffee history, resulting in a sophisticated and stylish hub to represent the organic nature of the unique Reserve product.
The store is completely custom-made from furniture to fabrics, casework, equipment, artwork and details and is unique in its commissioning of artists and vendors, a first for the Middle East, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion