Lockheed wins $26m Jordan Air Force deal
San Diego, October 31, 2012
Lockheed Martin has won a $26 million military sales contract from the US Air Force to modernise the Royal Jordanian Air Force's national air command, control and communications infrastructure.
Lockheed Martin will provide an integrated, real-time air picture across multiple command centers and many remote sites to better protect the country's airspace.
The system, known as Omnyx, will combine sensor, voice and data communications to provide interoperability throughout the Royal Jordanian Air Force and other elements of Jordan's armed forces.
With input from radars and other data links, the system will assist in detecting incoming air traffic and also provide the capabilities needed for airspace management, air sovereignty and air defense missions.
"Omnyx serves as the backbone for information flow among command centers, enabling Jordanian military personnel to track and identify aircraft, evaluate any threats, and initiate or monitor airborne engagements," said John Nikolai, director of C4 Systems for Lockheed Martin's Mission Systems & Sensors business.
"The system will provide enhanced situational awareness of Jordanian airspace at all times."
Lockheed Martin successfully fielded similar command and control systems in Iraq, Kazakhstan and Taiwan, in addition to ten North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries.
Omnyx is comprised of 100 per cent commercial hardware and its service oriented architecture and open standards make the system easy to modify and interoperable with existing and future coalition forces. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract