Melting Pot to open 12 outlets in ME
Florida, October 17, 2012
The Melting Pot Restaurants, one of the world’s premier fondue restaurant franchise, has announced plans to bring its unique dining experience to eight countries in the Middle East through a franchise deal with Hospitality Concepts and Solutions (HCS).
An affiliate of Front Burner Brands, a restaurant management company based in Florida, The Melting Pot, said the 12-unit franchise deal with HCS was the largest in the company's history.
As per the agreement, HCS will be opening 12 Melting Pot outlets in the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt over the next eight years.
The US dining group is already in the process of opening its first Middle East outlet at Riyadh on Thalia Street early next year through a five-unit franchise deal for Saudi Arabia signed in late 2011 with Dr Mazen Almugbel of Albabteen United Foods Company and Mira Foods.
HCS is actively pursuing sites for its first Melting Pot outlet which is likely to open next year in Dubai or Beirut, said a top official.
“There is nothing like The Melting Pot in the Middle East and my team and I are excited to bring this unique fondue dining experience to the region,” said HCS co-managing partner Ziad Kaddoura.
“With the backing of The Melting Pot’s strong franchise support team in Tampa, we look forward to great success with the concept in the Middle East,” he remarked.
HCS co-managing partner Mohamed Kamal Charafeddine said, “With the ever-growing international clientele in this region, we are confident that The Melting Pot will carve its own niche in this competitive market.”
“The welcoming atmosphere and interactive dining experience combined with an extensive menu of fondue choices including cheese, entrée and chocolate fondues will surely attract local families, expatriates and those looking for a fresh, new dining experience,” he added.
“We’ve received tremendous interest in our brand worldwide because it’s a unique and interactive concept,” said
Commenting on the Mideast foray, Dan Stone, vice president of franchise development for Front Burner Brands said, “The Melting Pot experience transcends cultural differences and is especially attractive to cultures that place great value on spending time with family and friends around a table of food.”
In addition to franchise development in the Middle East, The Melting Pot is continuing global expansion in Canada and Mexico having opened its second location in Canada in Richmond Hill, Ontario and its third location in Mexico City this year.
The company is also looking at Australia, China, India, Brazil and other provinces in Canada for further expansion opportunities.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo