Egypt has almost 7 months' wheat supply
Cairo, September 20, 2012
Egypt's state wheat buyer said it had purchased 3.7 million tonnes this year, almost seven months' worth of supplies from local and international sources.
Asked how much Egypt had built to date in strategic stocks, Nomani Nomani, vice chairman of the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC), said: "Six months and 25 days".
GASC bought 3.7 million tonnes this year from the local market, up from 2.6 million tonnes last year, Nomami added.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment