Egypt has almost 7 months' wheat supply
Cairo, September 20, 2012
Egypt's state wheat buyer said it had purchased 3.7 million tonnes this year, almost seven months' worth of supplies from local and international sources.
Asked how much Egypt had built to date in strategic stocks, Nomani Nomani, vice chairman of the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC), said: "Six months and 25 days".
GASC bought 3.7 million tonnes this year from the local market, up from 2.6 million tonnes last year, Nomami added.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Qatar 'interested in Eurofighter, Rafale jets'
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan