New event to showcase top UAE cafés
Dubai, September 10, 2012
The International Coffee & Tea Festival, an upcoming regional trade event in Dubai, will hold an inaugural B2C component to showcase the finest coffee and tea delicacies and food from the UAE’s best cafés.
The Café Exchange seeks to further spice up the International Coffee & Tea Festival with performances by leading local talent featuring a wide selection of Jazz, Blues, Acoustic and Contemporary music through three consecutive nights of café-inspired entertainment for the entire family.
The event is set to feature new brands and franchises hailing from different countries including Kenya, Yemen, Italy and Australia showcasing their products to a growing number of consumers who are beginning to demand for better quality.
The UAE Barista Championship and the inaugural Latte Art Championship will also be held concurrently with the International Coffee & Tea Festival. The championships showcase the skill and creativity of the UAE’s best baristas in the preparation of popular coffee beverages, giving the public a foretaste of what they can expect from the UAE’s best cafés.
Ryan Godinho, national coordinator for UAE, World Coffee Events, said: “The Café Exchange introduces a more consumer-oriented segment to the International Coffee & Tea Festival that will cultivate lively interaction among café patrons and café professionals.”
“Much like the UAE Barista Championship and Latte Art Championships, the Café Exchange gives consumers an exclusive overview of the creativity and skills of the UAE’s café professionals within a unique café-inspired atmosphere.
“Moreover, trade exhibitors will gain added market exposure from the B2C interaction, which we believe will serve as a new and exciting way to complement the growth of the UAE’s coffee and tea industry.”
The event will also host SCAA (Speciality Coffee Association of America) certified training programs, featuring a series of workshops covering topics such as Espresso Bar Efficiency & Workflow; Customer Service; Latte Art; and Cupping. SCAA will be conducting the region’s only internationally recognised Coffee Certification programmes.
The International Coffee & Tea Festival will be held at the Meydan Grandstand & Convention Centre in Dubai from October 30 to November 2.
The Café Exchange will open on October 31 and will be open daily from 4 pm to 10 pm until November 2. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo