G20 can discuss grain prices: France
Paris, August 13, 2012
The United States and France are closely watching rising grain and soy prices and will be ready to call for an emergency meeting of G20 agricultural officials if needed, France's agricultural minister said on Monday.
"France ... and the United States remain attentive to any new fact that could justify a meeting of the rapid response forum," Agricultural Minister Stephane Le Foll wrote in a statement.
Last month, France activated the G20 grain action body that deals with agricultural market information and said it would call an emergency meeting of the forum - which was created last year to manage market crises - if the grain situation in the US and Russia were to worsen.
The US, where severe drought has led to a global surge in cereal prices, will take over the helm of the grain action body in October over which France currently presides. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan