Eurocopter to showcase at Morocco airshow
Marrakech, April 5, 2012
Eurocopter will mark its five decades of helicopter operations in Morocco’s homeland security, law enforcement, medical airlift, rescue and military mobility at this week’s Marrakech Air Show.
Eurocopter’s participation in the third biannual aerospace exposition at Marrakech Airport will include the presence of Eurocopter’s multi-role AS550 Fennec, which is equipped with rockets and a high efficiency 20 mm gun.
“This year’s Marrakesh Air Show underscores a 50-year relationship of Eurocopter and Morocco that has been based on a spirit of confidence and loyalty, with a full range of our products serving the Kingdom – from the cornerstone Alouette to the latest EC225,” said Loïc Porcheron, the Eurocopter vice-president for Middle East and Africa.
“Eurocopter stands ready to continue supporting Morocco’s evolving mission requirements over the long-term.”
The country’s largest Eurocopter fleet is operated by the Royal Moroccan Air Forces. Helicopters such as SA342 Gazelle and AS330 Puma are used for armed reconnaissance, troop transport to support and logistics.
The Royal Moroccan Navy operates AS565 Panther for search and rescue, coastal surveillance, and deployments at sea on frigates.
An inventory of helicopters from Gazelle to Super Puma family is flown by the Royal Moroccan Gendarmerie for a very large panel of missions from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime to VIP transport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement