Festival marks World Water Day
Manama, March 31, 2012
A festival was organised for the Kingdom's school students by the Bahrain Electricity and Water Authority (EWA) as part of its 'World Water Day' celebrations.
The EWA move was in line with its efforts to spread awareness about rationalisations of water consumption among children.
More than 500 students from 160 elementary and secondary public and private schools attended the event held at Adhari Park.
The Students Awareness Festival featured performances, singing contests, poetry and drawing.
Officials from Environment Friends Society, United Nations Environment Programme Regional Office for West Asia (UNEP/ROWA) and Education and Health Ministries attended.
UN Environment Project regional director Dr Fouad Abousamra, Education Ministry head of educational progress Mariam Al Moosa and EWA head of media and awareness Abbsas Al Khayat were among those who spoke on the occasion.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm