Bahrain Capital Club launches green drive
Manama, March 29, 2012
Capital Club, Bahrain’s premier private business club, recently launched an exclusive ‘Go Green’ initiative to encourage its employees to come up with creative eco-friendly ideas.
The aim of this special initiative was to heighten awareness on a range of environmental issues including recycling and waste and carbon emission reductions. Tips on how to effectively recycle or re-use unwanted items for a good cause at work and at home were also given.
During the month of March, the different department heads at Capital Club encouraged colleagues to get involved in the initiative.
A competition was organised in which each department was required to come up with creative ideas to encourage eco-friendly behaviour, with a prize on offer for the best masterpiece using recycled materials.
The entries were judged by Shahnaz Pakravan, interim club manager of Capital Club.
The winners of the competition were the Food & Beverage and Kitchen teams. In addition supplementary prizes were given away to the Member Relations and Housekeeping teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals