Gold-filtered water launched in Gulf
Dubai, February 20, 2012
Luxembourg-based Canadian Mineral Water has joined hands with Dubai's Number 1 General Trading group to officially launch its gold-filtered natural mineral water brand, Gize, in the Gulf region and Yemen.
Speaking at the launch on the sidelines of Gulfood expo, Babak Alikaram, the export manager for Canadian Mineral Water and Jasem Al Shehhi, chairman of The Number 1 General Trading said the non-alcoholic luxury drink is now available in the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
On the sales partnership, Alikaram said, "In opting for Dubai-based The Number 1 General Trading, Gize has chosen an experienced distributor for its expansion in the Middle East."
He pointed out that luxury was booming around the globe, particularly in the Middle East. 'The desire and enjoyment evoked by exquisite taste that tickles all the senses from the eyes to the palate are also ever-present at Gulfood 2012,' he remarked.
'Wherever people are looking for greater pleasure and joie de vivre, Gize is the ideal companion: in luxury hotels, starred restaurants, delicatessens, wellness centres, spas and the luxury industry,' he noted.
“Our new partner offers everything an extremely successful collaboration needs. It is important to us that we work with companies that support our strategy, companies that love luxury and share our enthusiasm for the special things in life,” Alikaram added.
Al Shehhi said working with Gize represents 'an outstanding enrichment of our product range.'
'Gize is a top-tier water. We see great potential in this product, which is particularly suited as an aperitif, an accompaniment to a one-of-a-kind dinner or as a mixed drink – for all those who wish to enjoy life’s finer things in style,' he added.
According to Alikaram, the source of the luxury, gold-filtered natural mineral water is located at Spa Springs (Nova Scotia) in the extreme east of Canada.
'As it passed through layers of rocks that formed more than 200 million years ago, it achieved a purity and degree of mineralization that is of exceptional quality and without equal,' he noted.
'This water was already praised as a fountain of youth and a healing spring 500 years ago,' Alikaram revealed.
'Gize is not only available in its classic, pristine form with and without carbonation as Gize Still and Gize Sparkling, but also in four sophisticated compositions: Lemon-Elderflower, Raspberry-Ginseng, Pear-Vinegar and Pineapple-Coconut,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha