Yas Marina to hold triathlon at twilight
Abu Dhabi, February 12, 2012
Yas Marina Circuit, a major sporting venue in Abu Dhabi, will hold the 2012 edition of its annual triathlon Tri Yas on April 13 at twilight.
Athletes of all abilities are encouraged to take part individually or as a member of a relay team in the Sprint or Olympic categories.
Another addition to the 2012 competition is the inclusion of a Junior Biathlon for 11-14 and 15-17 year old age groups, aimed at introducing the sport to younger members of the community.
Nick McElwee, director of Marketing and Communications at Yas Marina Circuit said that over 600 athletes participated in the inaugural event last January.
“Last year’s Tri Yas established Yas Marina Circuit as one of the world’s most unique settings for a triathlon. The twilight hours will not only benefit all participants with cooler temperatures, but also act as a stunning backdrop to a world-class event. With the addition of the Junior Biathlon we’re anticipating an even bigger turn out,” he said.
As in 2011, Tri Yas 2012 will encompass the entire Yas Marina Circuit; swim in the Yas Marina, bike on the Formula 1 track and run on Yas Marina Circuit roads. The swim leg will fall during daylight hours and the bike and run legs will take place under full floodlights on the F1 circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires