Alwaleed backs global youth summit
Riyadh, January 5, 2012
Saudi Arabia’s Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation has granted $50,000 to an upcoming global youth summit on innovative philanthropy and social entrepreneurship in New York.
Convened by Search for Common Ground and the Young Donor Network, The Nexus summit will be held from July 26 to 29 as follow up to the first meeting on Young Philanthropy held at the United Nations.
Princess Ameerah, wife of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, chairman of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, said: "We are proud of the support provided by Alwaleed Foundation to the program, the foundation works to support youth education and training as they are an effective element to society."
The summit goals are to bridge communities of wealth and social entrepreneurship through dialogue, collaborative problem solving and education, catalyse young global philanthropy and social investment, explore and advance the potential of next generation leadership across nations and sectors.
The objectives of the programme are to develop a campaign for a culture of philanthropy, create learning networks and supporting follow-up events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract