Dubai Airports invites bids from ad firms
Dubai, December 21, 2011
Dubai Airports has invited advertising companies to submit bids for the awarding of the official concessionaire at its 528,000 sq m Concourse 3 in Dubai International airport.
The announcement follows Dubai Airports’ invitation to food and beverage companies and service operators in September earlier this year.
The deadline for submission of bids is January 5, said a statement from Dubai Airports, which owns and manages the operation and development of both Dubai International as well as Dubai World Central.
Based on the prequalification criteria included in the application, Dubai Airports will issue the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents in Q1 2012, it added.
Commenting on the move, Eugene Barry, senior vice president – Commercial, Dubai Airports, said: “We have seen significant developments in advertising performance in 2011, and considering Dubai International’s status as a global hub with a unique user profile, and as one of the world’s top five busiest airports, the case for continued growth is compelling.'
'This represents a tremendous opportunity,' he pointed out.
Barry said, “As the world’s first A380-dedicated facility capable of handling 19 million passengers yearly, Concourse 3 will be a very important part of our infrastructure.'
'As a brand, Dubai Airports is globally associated with quality and innovation and we are keen to choose partners who will add to that reputation,' he noted.
Expected to be complete by the end of 2012, Concourse 3 will have 20 aircraft contact gates in addition to 13 remote stands.
Being built over 11 floors, the facility will feature 11,000 sq m of retail area, four and five star hotels, restaurants and two food courts.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan