Batelco supports handicraft show
Manama, December 13, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has donated BD15,000 ($39,780) to a committee of the Bahrain Society for Women's Development towards organising a handicrafts event.
The Shajara Tayyibah committee is holding an event entitled "New Eyes on Tradition" today (December 13).
Batelco public relations manager Osama Alsaad presented the cheque to society treasury secretary Nadia Al Najar, at the company's Hamala headquarters.
The event is to be held at the Bahrain International Circuit, under the patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president.
Committee members are working in close collaboration with local artists to help them use modern techniques in making traditional products such as baskets and pottery in a more innovative and creative manner.
Proceeds from event will be used for the development of handicraft workers. Entry is by invitation only. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain