Batelco supports handicraft show
Manama, December 13, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has donated BD15,000 ($39,780) to a committee of the Bahrain Society for Women's Development towards organising a handicrafts event.
The Shajara Tayyibah committee is holding an event entitled "New Eyes on Tradition" today (December 13).
Batelco public relations manager Osama Alsaad presented the cheque to society treasury secretary Nadia Al Najar, at the company's Hamala headquarters.
The event is to be held at the Bahrain International Circuit, under the patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president.
Committee members are working in close collaboration with local artists to help them use modern techniques in making traditional products such as baskets and pottery in a more innovative and creative manner.
Proceeds from event will be used for the development of handicraft workers. Entry is by invitation only. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants