Bahrain destroys suspicious package at airport
Manama, December 8, 2011
A suspicious package destroyed at Bahrain International Airport (BIA) contained no explosives but a number of tools that can be used to make a bomb, police said on Wednesday.
Earlier, the interior ministry said a package containing explosives had been sent via Dubai from Britain.
'He (the director general of BIA police) said that after examining the package at the Ministry of the Interior's laboratories it was revealed that the materials in the package were empty from explosives, but they could be used in the making of an explosive device,' said a statement on the police media website.
Britain's foreign office had also said it was looking into reports an explosive package had been sent to Bahrain from Britain. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase