Bahrain destroys suspicious package at airport
Manama, December 8, 2011
A suspicious package destroyed at Bahrain International Airport (BIA) contained no explosives but a number of tools that can be used to make a bomb, police said on Wednesday.
Earlier, the interior ministry said a package containing explosives had been sent via Dubai from Britain.
'He (the director general of BIA police) said that after examining the package at the Ministry of the Interior's laboratories it was revealed that the materials in the package were empty from explosives, but they could be used in the making of an explosive device,' said a statement on the police media website.
Britain's foreign office had also said it was looking into reports an explosive package had been sent to Bahrain from Britain. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced