Jumeirah celebrates with 'dates and chocolates'
Abu Dhabi, December 4, 2011
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers held a special ‘dates and chocolate’ promotion in the hotel’s lobby recently to celebrate the 40th UAE National Day.
Recreating an Arabian market showcasing forty different types of quality Emirati dates representating each year since the founding of the nation, the hotel visitors were able to choose amongst choclate-coated palm trees, which were then prepared at the dedicated cooking and preparation stations located within the lobby.
As an additional attraction, the Arab world’s most famous celebrity Arabic chef, Chef Osama, made a personal appearance at the event, where one of his own date dessert creations was included in the menu, a statement from the hotel said.
Additionally, Chef Osama presented the first 40 guests of the date service a signed copy of his latest cookbook titled ‘Sweets of Arabia’, which is published in both English and Arabic and features over 70 recipes of Arabian dessert classics.
Served with traditional Arabic coffee, various teas and juices, selected dates were prepared and cooked by the hotel’s chefs at live cooking stations within the hotel lobby using culinary techniques that highlighted traditional cooking methods of the UAE, along with modern interpretations and innovations, such as the preparation of date steam cakes, the statement said.
Seven large chocolate fountains representing the seven emirates of the UAE also added to the culinary attraction of the event, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon