Samsung donates $100,000 to hospital
Manama, November 30, 2011
Samsung Engineering has donated BD37,674 ($100,000), towards medical equipment and renovation of a children's ward in Salmaniya Hospital.
President and CEO of Samsung, Park Ki-Seok, handed over a cheque to acting Health Minister, Dr Fatima Al Beloushi, at a donation ceremony which was held at the medical center, a statement from the company said.
The donation will be used to build a pediatric care unit that will include a treatment room for procedures as well as seven patient rooms with new beds.
With the extra ward, the hospital aims to increase the capacity of patients and minimise overcrowding in other wards, the statement said.
Park Ki-Seok, president and CEO, Samsung Engineering, said: “It is an honor for Samsung Engineering to play a role in the development of Bahrain and we hope the new children’s ward will serve as an integral part of the Salmaniya Medical Complex and positively impact the lives of many Bahraini children.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn