Nestle unveils new fusion beverage
Manama, November 21, 2011
International food giant Nestle has announced the launch of Sjora, a fusion beverage made from a blend of skimmed milk and natural fruit juices.
With this launch, the healthy beverage market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region has just got more competitive, said a senior official.
'With the food and beverage market in the MEA region estimated to reach $3.3 trillion by 2014, according to a report by business research and consulting firm Frost & Sullivan, analysts expect the healthy beverage segment to account for a sizeable share of total sales in the region in the coming years,' said Nestle country business manager Leonid Vereshchagin.
'Consumers are becoming more health-conscious, asking for natural beverages free from preservatives and artificial colours. Sjora answers their desire for a good-for-you beverage that is refreshing and great-tasting,' he added.
Nestle Sjora is available in the UAE, Kuwait and Lebanon, and is set to be launched in other Middle East countries shortly.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan