Charity gala to support Dubai Cares, Oxfam
Dubai , November 16, 2011
The Dubai International Film Festival and luxury Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen will host a gala dinner and charity event during the festival next month.
The event will be held under the patronage of UN Messenger of Peace Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
All profits from the event will go to the UAE-based philanthropic organization Dubai Cares and global development and aid agency, Oxfam.
Money raised will benefit communities and individuals around the world, including the Middle East, Asia and Africa, said a statement.
‘One Night to Change Lives,’ the black-tie charity evening, will be held on December 10, 2011, at the Armani Hotel Dubai. Tickets to the exclusive event are limited, and are available from Dubai Cares at www.dubaicares.ae. The event is part of the 8th Dubai International Film Festival that will take place from December 7 to 14, 2011.
DIFF chairman Abdulhamid Juma said: “Just as meaningful films have a transformational impact on people and cultures, we believe that film festivals have a larger societal role to play. Over the years, the Dubai International Film Festival has strived to make a difference in our world by partnering with charity initiatives that have far-reaching impact.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy