St Regis Doha to offer global cuisine
Doha, October 12, 2011
The St Regis Doha, opening in the coming months, will feature contemporary cuisine from all over the world - from fine dining to Californian-inspired regional cuisine as well as European, Asian and Arabian dining choices.
The hotel has appointed executive chef Brendan McGowan who will, with a team of over 100 culinary staff, oversee day-to-day operations for all venues as well as private dining and banqueting.
“The St. Regis Doha will offer high quality dining and service personalised to a level never before experienced in Qatar,” said McGowan. “Part of the St. Regis culture is that we strive to perfect the dining experience, and we are very excited to be introducing this in Qatar.”
McGowan and his team will also work closely with the unique St. Regis Butler Service, so that each guest in residence has their dining preferences consistently met and exceeded during their every stay.
“I have been fortunate to be in a position where I have had the pleasure of being both a host and a guest across many tables in the region, every occasion both memorable and educational. The genuine warmth and hospitality extended to me has provided me with valuable insights into dining habits, cultures and expectations, which enable me to fine tune and anticipate guest’s needs,” he explained.
With over 20 years experience working in five star kitchens around the world and almost a decade with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Chef McGowan has a coveted reputation for introducing regional twists to traditional cuisine, a statement said.
“The palette of flavours available to us here in the region is fantastic, and I am very much looking forward to developing both the people and product within our superb property to provide memorable dining experiences in each and every venue,” McGowan said.
Tareq Derbas, general manager of The St. Regis Doha, said: “It is a great privilege to welcome Chef Brendan McGowan to the team. His experience and passion for fine dining are second to none, and I am confident that he will deliver an unforgettable dining experience for our guests.”
The St. Regis Doha, part of the Al Gassar Resort, will feature a range of exciting restaurants and lounges when it opens in the coming months. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha