Beca wins best MICE destination award
Manama, October 6, 2011
Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (Beca) has been named winner of the best Mice destination in the Middle East for 2011 by the Business Destination Travel Awards.
The awards are organised annually by Business Destinations, Tower Business Media in the UK.
The Best Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) award was based on the great contribution of Beca to the development of Mice in Bahrain and its continuing efforts to establish the kingdom as the preferred and unique destination for events, exhibitions and conference.
The nomination to the Business Destinations' fourth annual travel awards stemmed from the votes solicited through an international email campaign and participation by a vast and diverse cross section of voters, including corporate travel executives, company travel buyers from Fortune 500 companies, Mice solution providers, Association of Corporate Travel Executives members and the influential members of the business travel community.
"The award reflects the prominent position of Bahrain as the ideal venue of events, exhibitions and conventions where the kingdom's well-developed and expanding infrastructure, including information technology and communication, friendly trade and business environment, world-class lifestyle facilities, multi-cultured community and a steady economy, contributed largely to making it a key and strategic location for businesses and investments in the region," said Industry and Commerce Minister and Beca chairman Dr Hassan Fakhro.
"This signifies Beca's commitment to provide superior service and achieve the highest customer satisfaction amongst the regional competitors in the industry. The authority is also privileged to receive all support and encouragement from the leadership and the government," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain