Sarasin gives donation to famine victims
Dubai, September 13, 2011
Alpen Capital along with Sarasin-Alpen Bank donated Dh250,000 ($68704) to Unicef to support their relief efforts in famine-stricken southern Somalia.
Rohit Walia, executive vice chairman and CEO of Alpen Capital and Bank Sarasin-Alpen Group presented the cheque to Dr Ibrahim El Ziq, Unicef Gulf area representative at a recent event in in Dubai.
The funds were raised through staff contribution and were matched by a corporate donation, said Walia.
Thanking Sarasin-Alpen for its help, El Ziq said, "Unicef is in a race against time to assist the thousands of children across the Horn of Africa who have been affected by the current crisis."
"The donations we have received today will be directed towards providing emergency health kits to malnourished children in South Somalia,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection