Al Salam Bank wins Tamkeen Quiz
Manama, September 12, 2011
Bahrain-based Al Salam Bank was declared the winner of the Tamkeen Business Quiz Show held recently in the Kingdom.
The event was held under the patronage of Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa, chairman of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports and the president of Bahrain Olympics Committee took place during Ramadan.
Al Salam team emerged out the winners after beating teams like Arig, who took second place, and Bahrain Bourse and Promethean, the organisers Finmark Communications said in a statement.
The final quiz tested each team’s knowledge of Bahrain, Tamkeen, Bahraini businesses and industry, and general knowledge.
The six-member winning team walked away with BD1000 ($2660) cash prize along with other compliments from FinMark and six LCDs from YK Al Moayyed.
The runners up, team Arig, won six tickets to Dubai, courtsey Dadabhai Travel.
The organisers also held a draw for the spectators in which Fadheela Radhi won a Mitsubishi ASX Crossover, worth BD8000 ($21,276) from Al Zayani Investments.
Zahra’a Taher, managing director of FinMark Communications, said he expects the quiz show to become an annual event following this year’s strong support from leading private and public sector organisations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head