Al Salam Bank wins Tamkeen Quiz
Manama, September 12, 2011
Bahrain-based Al Salam Bank was declared the winner of the Tamkeen Business Quiz Show held recently in the Kingdom.
The event was held under the patronage of Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa, chairman of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports and the president of Bahrain Olympics Committee took place during Ramadan.
Al Salam team emerged out the winners after beating teams like Arig, who took second place, and Bahrain Bourse and Promethean, the organisers Finmark Communications said in a statement.
The final quiz tested each team’s knowledge of Bahrain, Tamkeen, Bahraini businesses and industry, and general knowledge.
The six-member winning team walked away with BD1000 ($2660) cash prize along with other compliments from FinMark and six LCDs from YK Al Moayyed.
The runners up, team Arig, won six tickets to Dubai, courtsey Dadabhai Travel.
The organisers also held a draw for the spectators in which Fadheela Radhi won a Mitsubishi ASX Crossover, worth BD8000 ($21,276) from Al Zayani Investments.
Zahra’a Taher, managing director of FinMark Communications, said he expects the quiz show to become an annual event following this year’s strong support from leading private and public sector organisations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking